The concept of coming up with children bedroom decorating
However, these things should not be patterned to their likes. It should still involve the creativity and freshness of a child’s imaginative mind.
1. Colors that matter
Pink and blue are good colors. However, they will make any children’s bedroom look extremely ordinary – and lifeless. Besides, for bedrooms that has limited windows, it is best to bring more light into the room without having to destroy another space in the wall and come up with new windows.
Try painting your child’s bedroom wall with bright shade of yellow. In an instant, the room will definitely open up. It is best to use water-based paints so that cleaning up will be nice and easy.
2. Bed galore
For your child’s bed, try to choose beddings of orange, red, yellow, and white in a playful geometric design. You can also incorporate your child’s favorite cartoon character or designs such as butterflies, flowers, cars, or blocks.
3. Lighting drama
For dramatic lighting, try to bring in a lava lamp. With its shape, your child can imagine any item that will match it. For instance, a cone shaped lava lamp can bring your child’s imagination to the wonderful world of spaceships or rocket ships.
You can also use floor lamps with a red shade. This will definitely bring contrast to your child’s bright room. Children bedroom decorating
4. Study tables
Coming up with really creative yet functional children bedroom decorating
To finish off, it is best to bring in a kid-sized study table and yellow chairs. Try to use red and orange throw pillows as well. These things will absolutely provide extra seating.
Wedding decorations for your tables, ceremony and wedding reception venue are many and varied, limited only by your imagination and, perhaps, your budget!
Using the internet will uncover a variety of
- Confetti – Confetti has evolved from scattered leaves and flower petals, which were originally used in pagan ceremonies, to today where there is many options, such as metallic hearts or stars, tissue paper hearts or dried rose petals. The theme for your wedding can be set immediately if you include some of your chosen confetti inside your guests’ wedding invitations when you send them out.
- Wedding Favours – The tradition of giving favours to guests at weddings dates back thousands of years when the guests received five sugared almonds which signified health, wealth, happiness, long life and fertility. Sweets or chocolates are more likely to be used today than sugared almonds, and these are generally wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon. Favours aren’t limited to foodstuffs though, and they can come in a wide variety of themes. For example, if the bride and groom are golf nuts they may want to present their guests with a golf themed favour. A great site for favours is MyWeddingFavors.com.
- Flowers – These have always been a firm favourite for decorating weddings. Not only can they be used for table centre pieces they are also needed for buttonholes, corsages, pew ends, buffet table decoration and top table arrangements. Although flowers have been a tradition for a long time there is a new challenger.
- Balloons – Bouquets of balloons in the middle of the tables can add bold flashes of colour and can really lift a room. These are tied to decorative weights with beautiful coloured ribbon. As well as balloon bouquets, arches and columns can also be constructed with balloons which can be strategically placed to mask less picturesque areas of your venue.
- Glass bowls, vases or giant wine glasses – each one of these can be filled with decorative material such as coloured stones or leaves, or filled with coloured water with a lighted candle floating on top. Placed on top of a small circular mirror in the middle of each table, these make spectacular decorations.
- Wedding Backdrop – One other very big item that you may want to consider for your wedding decorations is a wedding backdrop. These are great for placing behind the top table to really emphasise the bride and groom. They can also sparkle and twinkle so are great for the evening disco.
There are clearly many more
There are many facets to getting married and one of them is the wedding rehearsal dinner. As a bride and groom, you want to have fun at this special occasion, spend time with family and close friends prior to getting married and naturally, make this dinner about the two of you. Here are some rehearsal dinner ideas that you can incorporate into your wedding weekend.
First, like any party, you should try to theme the event and make sure to carry this theme throughout from the invitation to the party. For us, we love to take jump shots from around the world. We have us jumping from the beaches of Florida, to the Eiffel Tower in Paris to Half Dome in Yosemite. Thus for us, it was natural to theme our wedding rehearsal dinner Jumpin’ for Joy.
Look to yourselves as a couple and think of the fun aspects about the two of you. Are you both skiers, computer or music geeks, sports fans, beach bums? What as a couple are you two known to be by your friends and family and literally bring that to the party. Use these personality traits as part of your decor whether it is displayed in your dinner menu, the party favor or even the table centerpiece.
Also, consider the venue as a part of your theme. One wedding rehearsal dinner I coordinated was at the beach and we had a BBQ. The invitations, centerpieces and party favors all included some aspect of the sand and sea. There are many websites that you can turn to such as your local city’s dinning guide, wedding websites or your local chamber of commerce website to research party venues.
When booking your venue, a few aspects to keep in mind are the time of year because of weather issues, number of guests you are hosting, location in proximity to the wedding and whether or not you will be in a private dinning room.
A few rehearsal dinner ideas to save money are to make your own invitation, centerpiece or dinner menu. Also, if the dinner is outdoors, hang some inexpensive lighting or lanterns to add atmospheric lighting to the venue. We used different photographs of us jumping and made our own invitations and menus and then played off the French theme of the restaurant and created our own French styled-centerpieces.
And don’t forget on your rehearsal dinner invites to let your guests know about parking availability, whether or not to bring a sweater and time and date. It is amazing how often people make mistakes and confuse the day and time with the wedding versus the wedding rehearsal dinner.
Hope you picked up a few tips for your wedding festivities. Until next time, remember the Budget Bash mantra: make it simple, stylish, fun and economical to all!
Engraved and marked favours are very hot at the moment. Including the name of the happy couple and the date of the wedding on your favour boxes is a lovely touch and is sure to remind your guests of your wedding for years to come. It is not just boxes that can be personalised, wine bottle labels, stickers, gift tags are just a few of the items that can be printed on. Use your imagination and give your friends some really unique.
This year has seen more practical favours becoming more and more popular. The Love Birds salt & pepper shaker is our best selling favour this year. It’s not only practical but is a true symbol of the meaning of your big day. Bottle stoppers often follow this theme as well and heart bottle stoppers have sold extremely well this year.
Another practical theme that has shone through is to combine place card holders that can also be used as a photo frame for your guests to use at home. There are lots of small frames on the market that you can use for your place card holders. If you are keen on the
Another popular trend this year is the Wedding CD favour. Couples are choosing to create a CD with their favourite songs included to give out to their guests as a gift. This gives their guests an excellent takeaway from the day and can include songs from the evening celebration including your first dance to make it truly special. This is a relatively cheap and truly personalised.
With more and more brides being socially responsible, environmentally friendly wedding favours are an emerging trend. Buying wildflower seeds and then putting them in beautiful handmade paper favours is a great
Picking any one of these favours for your wedding day will ensure that your guests go home with a happy memory of your wedding day which will last for years to come.
Giving the right gift to the right person is really an art form that usually requires a lot of knowledge about a person and a little insight about their lives. When you are giving a gift to a friend or loved one and you want to give them something really unique and unusual here are 5 unusual gift ideas that you can use to find the perfect gift:
1. Handmade gifts – Handmade gifts are great because they are all unique. But, a truly useful handmade gift is one that is also practical. Don’t give someone a horrible knit sweater that is ugly and they’ll never wear, but do give them a stylish silk tie that has been silk screened with a computer or a character from their favorite video game, or a handmade laptop bag. Artisan gifts that are handmade are wonderful gifts for the people you care about.
2. Nostalgia gifts – Did you and your best friend love playing Atari for hours when you were younger? Did you both have a crush on a particular actor when you were 12? Search the Web to find an Atari console, or a period poster of that actor. The more personal the gift is and the more it reflects a piece of your life with that person the better of a gift it is.
3. Classes – Has your friend always to learn how to play golf? Or paint? Or learn to sell the contents of their garage on Ebay? Or learn how to start their own Internet business? Sign your friend up for classes at the local continuing education center or community college and pay the tuition fee. Doing something for your friend or loved one that they wouldn’t do for themselves is a great gift.
4. Car detailing – It might seem like an impersonal gift but a gift certificate to get a car detailed is a really nice and unusual gift. Everyone likes a clean car but a full detailing can cost as much as $100 and most people aren’t willing to spend that much money on something they don’t really need. They will appreciate having a car that looks and feels new again.
5. A full spice rack – Spices are something that everyone that loves to cook needs, but good spices can be expensive and hard to find. Often people will just buy the spices they use frequently and they won’t try new spices because of the expense. Buy a spice rack and fill it with lots of exotic spices if you’re looking for a gift that your friend or loved one wouldn’t buy for themselves but will love and will also use all the time.
So you are getting hitched huh? Congratulations! No doubt that you are ready for the big day to be over with, meaning no more wedding decisions to dwell on. Well, you do have one important decision to take care of and that is making your mind up on some groomsmen gift
Do all of you enjoy fishing, camping or other great outdoor adventures? Some great groomsmen gift
If your buddies enjoy beer, great groomsmen gift
Take into account any of your buddies’ interests or hobbies. If any of them like to travel, there are a few groomsmen gift
Just remember that your buddies are going to like any of the groomsmen gift
You have been dreaming about your wedding day since you were a child. You have the colors picked out, and countless ideas bouncing around, but now as it draws near your thinking…. What are some Unique Wedding Ideas, that i can use to make this day truly my own and unlike any other wedding?
Never fear, you have found your way to the right place. Below is a list of 5 unique ideas that will provide you a beautiful wedding, but allow it to truly stand apart from most other weddings you have attended.
1. BROADCAST YOUR WEDDING
This is such a unique and good idea for so many reasons. Weddings are an event, they are timeless! Unfortunately, your location or timing may hinder some loved ones from attending. Insert services like USTREAM and JUSTIN.TV. These services offer you the capability (with just a camera and laptop) to stream the event live over the internet. Imagine family members, that live thousands of miles away, or in other countries being able to share in your special day. The BEST part about these services is its FREE! You even have the ability to embed the stream on your own website or Facebook page. Just don’t forget to hit record, so you’ll be able to watch and share the video later.
2. STREAM YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER’S STILLS AT THE RECEPTION
Technology is ingrained in our lives. Why not use this power!? With a simple connector and a TV screen you can provide your reception guests with a montage of your wedding ceremony photos.
3. RENT A PHOTO BOOTH
What better way for guests to capture the spirit of the wedding, than to slide into a photo booth. Everyone loves a photo booth and it provides an opportunity for guests to leave with a fun memento of the wedding. You could even have the guests stop and have you sign the photos with a thank you and the date, so that each guest gets a personalized gift from the bride and groom.
4. WEDDING PARTY GIFTS
Provide plantable seeds, with your wedding information on the package, so the parting guests can have a reminder in their garden of your special day. Another fun idea is to have the guest attendant take a digital photo of each attendee, as they arrive. Then later you can upload the photos to a hosting site, and email the link to your guests so they can remember your special day and all the friends that attended the wedding.
5. CEREMONY MUSIC
Incorporate your personality into the ceremony music! The only rules that apply at your wedding, are YOUR rules. (obviously consider the venue) But you get the point! Choose music that makes you smile and have fun. Your wedding day is supposed to be all about you. So maybe even have a special custom song written for that 1st dance as a couple.
If you are seemingly helpless when it comes to updating your home, or decorating your newly purchased home, today is your lucky day! It may not have occurred to you, but many people in the world have the same problem as you do, and that is that you are very indecisive when it comes to deciding what you wish the interior of your home to look like. It is easy to decide upon a decorating style, once you have discovered what exactly your personal decorating style is. To do this, just read about the following types of decorating styles and home decorating ideas.
1) The Earthy and natural type of decorating style may be for you only if you greatly enjoy nature in itself. If you like the beach, drives through the country, walks through the forest, preserving nature as a whole, hybrid cars, and of course, the wildlife in this wonderful world, then you should definitely consider decorating your home to portray nature.
2) If you are creative and eclectic, then you may specifically like antiques, family reunions, gardening, entertaining within your own home, and favor old things in general. This means that you may want to include anything homemade as additional decorating accessories, as well as old antique furniture, rugs and windows that will greatly match your personality.
3) The third style is known as the Modern decorating style, which is the most common upon modern homes of course. This style will often apply to you if you enjoy the theater, clubs, books, wine, spas, social networking, and global travel. With this style, you will use man-made materials and allow influences of the urban environments around to world to base the way you decorate your house around. In shorter terms, you are decorating in according to the new age.
4) There are many other styles out there in which are accustomed to the personal home decorating ideas that many people come up with when experimenting with their new homes. Many ideas will come from home decorating catalogs, and even HGTV, which is the television channel that discusses anything pertaining to home decorating and interior design.
Want to save money for your wedding? Here are some ideas for a cheap wedding.
If you hire an event coordinator for your wedding planning and execution, you will save time and thus money by selecting from his/her recommendations of experienced vendors and ways to save. Most specialize in cutting costs.
Learn how to do your make-up well in advance of the event date and complete your own prior to putting on your gown.
If you select “in-season” flowers for your bouquets and décor, you can save a third of the costs.
Let the bridesmaids carry one long-stemmed flower keyed into your wedding bouquet.
If you use mirror rounds under the flowers, you’ll expand their appearance on tables. Expand the flowers for your table décor with 2/3 greenery to 1/3 flowers.
Purchase a cheap or less expensive plain white dress and buy the applicas at a yardage shop by the yard to enhance the dress with simple stitches. This can change a $400. dress into a $4,000. dress quickly.
If you want to save on event location fees, you can hold your event mid-week or on a Friday or Sunday instead of Saturday.
You can save money by taking advantage of wine sales the months prior to the wedding day.
There are some tux formalwear companies that give the tux free for the groom when they bring four or more men in to be fitted for a wedding. Try to find such a company.
Go to discount houses and see if you can find decent wedding and attendant dresses. You can save much money this way.
If you let the photographer shoot only the formal shots and have a qualified friend take the rest of the day with a high resolution camera, you can save money.
A Band or a DJ is often countered with “a D.J. is only one or two meals extra, but a band can be 5 or 10 meals.” Negotiate to not feed the band a full meal, but a nice boxed lunch. Maybe they’ll agree so that you can save money.
If possible, shop for a specific price per slice on your cake. This can range from $3. to $9. per slice.
Don’t pay money for everything. When evaluating the funds available for the wedding and reception, take into consideration the people in your circle of family and friends who can do the vendor work as part of their gift to you.
Hi there folks! Once again I am going to be talking about some cool toys that kids love to play. Today’s post is about pirate ships and race cars. Ever wonder why kids are so into playing these two kinds of toys? And more definitely these are boy toys. We all know girls prefer to play Barbie dolls, though times may have changed and girls play more sophisticated toys now. But as for boys it would seem that their interests never change. Say a boy likes to play race cars when they are young, but when they are adults they still love to play with cars and this time we are talking about real cars that can be driven around.
As for pirates, I guess there is this sense of adventure that makes the boys want to sail the seas. The thought of being on a ship is a very novel idea as well. In addition, you get to be one of the bad guys instead of the good guys. Who said pirates are all bad though? Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates and the Caribbean is one example of a good pirate. So being a pirate is not all about being bad. While most boys want cars when they grow up, strangely not many end up being sailors, though I guess if you count those who enlist with the navy they can be termed as seafarers as well.
Now let me go to the gist of my article. I would be recommending two of these such toys, which is the pirate ship and the race car for my readers. So if you have pesky little boys at home and you want them to quieten down and get more engrossed in their own toys, these are the two must have toys for the season.
If you think that your child is into pirates, what about getting the Matchbox Mega Rig Pirates Ship? This cool Matchbox Mega Rig Pirates Ship can actually be disassembled by your child and reconstructed back into different kinds of pirate ships. Then you can also play with the pirate action figures included in the pirate ship set. Best of all, the ship comes with workable cannons and a harpoon so you can blast the enemy to smithereens! Then it also comes with a kraken or giant octopus if you do not know what a kraken is. You just cannot have a pirate adventure without a sea monster.